- • Training model and scale
- • Introduce
1. General introduction
The PFIEV was established in 1999 under an educational cooperation agreement between the Vietnamese and French governments. Four leading technical universities in Vietnam which were selected to participate in the PFIEV include: Hanoi University of Civil Engineering (HUCE), Hanoi University of Science and Technology, The University of Danang - University of Science and Technology and Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology. On the French side, a consortium of major universities that are partners of PFIEV was established to give professional advice for the program, including: Paris National University of Bridges and Roads, Lyon National Institute of Applied Sciences, University of Central Paris, Grenoble Institute of National Polytechnic, Poitiers National University of Mechanics and Aeronautical Engineering, Toulouse National University of Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Informatics, Hydraulics and Telecommunications, Bretagne National University of Telecommunications and The Lycée Louis le Grand
2. Training Objectives
The Training Program for High-Quality Engineers in Vietnam (PFIEV) trains versatile civil engineers who are good at expertise, foreign languages, and have the ability of synthetic thinking and creativity, to meet the leadership role, serving as the core for business agencies in the field of construction in Vietnam and around the world.
Functions and Duties of High Quality Engineer Education and Management Department.
- Manage the training of Vietnamese-French Talented Engineers (High Quality PFIEV) with the agreement and cooperation between the Vietnamese and French governments.
- Coordinate with related Faculties and Departments in organizing training and teaching talented engineer classes.
- Coordinate with the Organization-Personnel Department to send officials and lecturers to practice in France to serve the Program
- Coordinate with partner schools in France in interviewing students who want to study abroad, and who want to receive scholarships.
- Preside over and coordinate with functional units of the University to organize the School Council
- Coordinate with the schools of the PFIEV complex in Vietnam and the complex of partner schools in France to organize the National Council in order that the Program can be more and more perfect to meet European and North American standards.
- Coordinate with related units to carry out other activities according to the regulations of the University.
3. The staff of the Department
• Dean: Dr. Tong Ngoc Tu
• Vice Dean: MA. Nguyen Thi Truc Quynh
• M.A. Ho Van Tuan
• M.A. Tran Thi Bich Van
• Bs. Pham Thi Hong Nga
4. High - Quality Engineer Education Program meeting European and North American standards
The program used to train engineers of Civil Engineering is advanced. This program meet French and European standards. It equips students with one of the following four majors:
- Transport Infrastructure equips with knowledge of bridges and roads engineering.
- Urban Engineering equips with knowledge of planning and urban technical infrastructure.
- Hydraulic Engineering equips with knowledge of hydraulic engineering and marine engineering.
- Construction Materials equips with knowledge of building materials.
The training program lasts 5 years. The program was built on a solid foundation of knowledge blocks of basic science (first 2 years) and knowledge blocks of industry/ specialty (3 years later). The training process has a close connection with enterprises (internships, site visits...), especially students have the opportunity to practice and do graduation projects at enterprises in the form of Business Semester under the co-instruction of business experts; thereby the PFIEV brand becomes closer to the business community and society.
The first stage (first 2 years): Lycée Louis le Grand.
The second stage (3 years later): major and specialized subjects.
- Transport Infrastructure (Infrastructure de Transport)
Partner: Paris National University of Bridges and Roads – ENPC (École des Ponts ParisTech).
- Urban Engineering (Ingénierie Urbaine)
Partner: Lyon National Institute of Applied Sciences – INSA de Lyon (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon).
- Hydraulic Engineering (Ingénierie Hydraulique)
Partner: Grenoble Institute of National Polytechnic – INP de Grenoble (Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble).
- Construction Materials (Matériaux de construction)
Partner: Paris National University of Bridges and Roads – ENPC (École des Ponts ParisTech).
Foreign languages play an important part in the PFIEV program because the goal of the program is that students must be good at foreign languages to integrate into the internationalized working environment. The requirements for foreign language certificates to obtain a high-quality Engineering degree: French (DELF B1 or equivalent TCF) and English (TOEFL 500 or TOEIC 600 or IELTS 6.0).
5. Learning conditions
- The French government has sponsored the construction of high-quality laboratories for PFIEV-HUCE, including: Materials Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, Physics Laboratory, Reading Room - Workshop with many foreign books and documents.
- Newly invested facilities include 02 multi-purpose classrooms (for foreign language learning and other learning activities), 01 Reading Room-Library dedicated to PFIEV.
- The French Embassy and Hanoi University of Civil Engineering sponsored intensive French language learning with native teachers, and intensive French classes for students to achieve at least DELF B1 level.
6. Degrees and Opportunities to study postgraduate
The High-Quality Engineering degree PFIEV is recognized by the Commission for the grant of engineering degrees of the French government (Commission des Titres d'Ingénieur – CTI) throughout Europe and North America. Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam certifies that it is equivalent to a Master's degree (Dispatch No. 2297, dated May 15, 2015 – Ministry of Education and Training). In addition to the main degree, 01 diploma appendix co-signed by Hanoi National University of Civil Engineering and the French partner school is issued to eligible students.
- With a High-Quality Engineering degree PFIEV (equivalent to a Master's degree), students can study directly to PhD.
- PFIEV graduates are considered (no entrance exam) to the Master's level, only need to study 6 more credits and do the graduation thesis to be granted a Master's degree from Hanoi National University of Civil Engineering.
- The degree has been accredited and recognized to meet international standards, so PFIEV graduates have many opportunities to continue their postgraduate studies and work abroad.
CTI certified Transport Infrastructure (IT) equivalent to Master's degree (2017)
CTI certified Urban Engineering (IU) equivalent to a Master's degree (2017)
CTI certified Hydraulic Engineering (IH) equivalent to a Master's degree (2017)
Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam confirms that the PFIEV diploma is of international standard, equivalent to a Master's degree (2015).
7. Scholarships and Study Abroad
There are many postgraduate scholarship opportunities in France and other Francophone countries due to the internationally recognized High-Quality Engineer Education Program. The average number of PFIEV students studying abroad is 25% over the years. There are lots of scholarship opportunities:
- Eiffel scholarship and study abroad with dual degrees in France (4+2 Program: 4 years at the Hanoi University of Civil Engineering and the last 2 years at the French partner school) (08 scholarships per year).
- Scholarships of French partner schools for students doing graduation internship in France for 6 months (08 scholarships per year).
- Eramus+ scholarship for students doing graduation internship at French enterprises for 6 months.
- Scholarships of the French Embassy always give priority to PFIEV students.
- Academic incentive scholarship of Hanoi University of Civil Engineering.
- Scholarship encouraging learning of partner enterprises is exclusive for PFIEV students.
- PFIEV Alumni's academic incentive scholarship for current students.
- Graduates of PFIEV-HUCE have many opportunities to work in domestic and foreign companies due to their solid basic knowledge, professional ability and good foreign language skills (English, French). PFIEV engineers can take on many jobs in the construction industry in accordance with the French philosophy of engineer training.
- At domestic and foreign units on Design Consultancy (project manager, design consultant ...) and Construction, Supervision Consultancy.
- At state management agencies (Department of Construction, Department of Transport, Department of Planning and Architecture, Department of Planning and Investment, Department of Natural Resources and Environment, State Audit, Project Management Board of Construction Investment…and professional departments, industries,…)
- At universities, research institutes, non-governmental organizations (lecturers, experts)...
- At factories, enterprises, and companies in the field of Construction...
- Start up a business
According to annual statistics, graduates have jobs with good incomes.
9. Annual Enrollment Target
Recruiting 120 students to be admitted to Hanoi University of Civil Engineering according to the following 05 groups:
- Group 1 - A00: Maths, Physics, Chemistry
- Group 2 - A01: Maths, Physics, English
- Group 3 - D07: Maths, Chemistry, English
- Group 4 - D24: Maths, Chemistry, French
- Group 5 - D29: Maths, Physics, French
- Library – Reading room (301.H1):
The new and spacious library can serve PFIEV and Francophone students to study documents and study in groups. This is a place to store a very rich and diverse "treasure of knowledge" in the field of construction, including many valuable books on general knowledge, industry and specialized knowledge (Vietnamese, French, and English) for the learning process and scientific research to achieve the best results.
- Multi-purpose classrooms (302, 303.H1)
Serving foreign language learning for PFIEV students, organizing meetings, thematic activities, and club activities, etc.
- Laboratory of Materials and Roads of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department
• Name: Laboratory of Materials and Roads of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department
• Function: experimental practice, scientific research on materials for students belonging to High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department.
• Tasks: serving teaching, practice, and scientific research for students of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department. Experiments include: experiment to analyze particle composition, experiment to evaluate some parameters of asphalt and emulsion, design of cement concrete composition, design of asphalt concrete composition, and experiment to measure modulus of elasticity of soft pavement with Benkelman rod,…
• Location: Back gate of Hanoi University of Civil Engineering.
- Physics Laboratory of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department
• Name: Physics Laboratory of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department
• Function: experimental practice, scientific research on Physics for students of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department.
• Tasks: serving teaching, practice, and scientific research for students of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department. Subjects include: Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics 3 (Electricity), Physics 4 (Heat), Physics 5 (Theoretical Mechanics), Physics 6 (General Mechanics), Physics 7 (Electronics).
• Location: 5th floor of Experiment House.
- Chemistry Laboratory of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department
• Name: Laboratory Chemistry of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department.
• Function: Chemistry practice room for students of High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department.
• Tasks: serving teaching and practice for all Chemistry experiments of students belonging to High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department.
• Location: 6th floor of Experiment House.
11. Operation images of PFIEV-EGC
Deputy Minister Bui Van Ga awarded the campaign medal "For the Cause of Education" to French professors who made many contributions to PFIEV, October 2014
The 20th Anniversary Celebration of the High-Quality Engineer Education Program, 11/2019
The meeting of CTI at Hanoi University of Civil Engineering to evaluate and accredit the PFIEV program, 3/2016
PFIEV students defended their graduation thesis in front of the Vietnamese-French Council, June 2016
Physics Laboratory of PFIEV
The PFIEV student in class 58CLC1 won the CSC award and was the best student at HUCE in 2016
Students participated in bridge model creation contest of PFIEV, December 12, 2020
Spacious library- reading room
Learning and practicing foreign languages with native teachers
PFIEV students study dual degree in France (Paris National University of Bridges and Roads)
PFIEV students practice and do graduation projects in France (at INSA de Lyon)
PFIEV students study abroad in France (Master, PhD student)
PFIEV Alumni Association is very successful, growing in France and Europe
Domestic PFIEV Alumni Association met to show gratitude to teachers on the occasion of Vietnamese Teacher's Day, November 20, 2019
Soirée Francophone prom program, 11/2019
The opening ceremony of the French club of HUCE, 10/2017
The Annual Traditional Football Tournament of PFIEV Students - 2020
Study tour at the beginning of the course (K65) – October 2020
Signing cooperation agreements on training, internship and recruitment with enterprises
• High-Quality Engineer Education and Management Department, Room 304, Building H1, Hanoi University of Civil Engineering
• Phone: 024-36280396 (office)
• Website: https://pfiev.nuce.edu.vn
• Email: email@example.com (foreign affairs), firstname.lastname@example.org (office)